I've had my old running shoes for about 2 1/2 years. My feet were starting to hurt why running in them so I decided this was the perfect time to buy a new pair. I was in Gearhead Outfitters one day and picked up a pair of Brooks. I instantly loved how lightweight they were. Turned out that didn't have my size, but I ended up ordering a pair from them. The pair I initially wanted were last years model and were being discontinued so I upgraded to this years model. I've had them about 2 weeks not and I LOVE THEM!! They are really light weight and don't feel bulky like my old New Balance shoes did. The best part is I still have 4 more weeks to completely break them in before the half marathon. Today I ran in them for my long run and didn't have any problems. Not that I believe it was the running shoes, but I was pretty impressed with my time this morning. 10.2 miles in 1:39:41. Right on pace for the 1/2 marathon. I think I may have just found a new brand of tennis shoes that I will be in love with for many years to come.
Now off to relax and enjoy the rest of the day. Hoping for a Razorback win tonight! WPS!!!!
28 days to race day!
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
New shoes are the best! I recently got a new pair and they make me want to run ... even in the colder weather! Hope you are having a great Saturday!
And another comment ... totally random this time. :) I LOVE the comment love you leave on my blog and want to be able to respond, but I don't think your email is linked correctly to allow people to respond back whenever you leave a comment. Mine wasn't linked for the longest time and once I figured it out it changed my blog commenting life - ha! Check out a great how-to here: http://www.sweetsimplicityblog.com/2009/08/noreplyblogger.html
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Thanks and thanks for the "comment" tip. Hopefully it will work properly now.
Post a Comment