Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving lasted 2 days this year and I was worn out by the time it was over.  My parent's came down on Wednesday afternoon and we did a little shopping, ate a great dinner at Bonefish, and ran to the grocery store to get last minute stuff for Thanksgiving.  We didn't get into bed until almost midnight.

 

Thursday was a very busy day.  That morning we got up, went for a walk, painted a table (more to come on this later), cooked lunch (we had non traditional Thanksgiving food since the real meal was gong to be on Friday), prepared food that would be cooked on Friday for Round 2 of Thanksgiving, decorated the Christmas tree, ran to Garden Ridge, and to see my cousin and her 3 sweet boys.  Scott's parents and his sister, her husband, and my niece all arrived last Thursday afternoon.  We didn't do much Thursday night and I crashed pretty early.


(I know I know....this food is SOO unhealthy, but it was SOOO good)


 Even Oliver was worn out by the end of the day.


Friday was another fun filled day.  I got up at 6:45, got in a 7 mile run before everyone else was up, came back and cooked a Cinnamon-Sugar breakfast ring (Thanks to Pinterest), cooked my part of the meal for round 2 of Thanksgiving.  We set of goal of eating at noon and I can't believe it but we actually sat down to eat at straight up noon.  Scott's grandparents and Great-Aunt joined us on Friday also.  After lunch was over and the mess was cleaned up it was time for the main attraction.....Our #3 Razorbacks took on the #1 LSU Tigers.  Although the game started off really well, we got our butts beat pretty good.  The rest of Friday we just relaxed and hung out.

Another huge meal.....
Scott and I

Mom and I

Eliza-Grace

Uncle Scott and EG

Dad and I
EG and her great-grandpa

EG and her Pop

That is Scott's 97 year old Great Aunt in the Yellow.  She does not look 97.

Eliza-Grace ridin' in style in her to wagon was is meant to be pushed or pulled.



Saturday morning everyone left and Scott and I enjoyed the rainy day indoors.  He watched football....I watched cheesy Christmas movies.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!  Any yes...my Christmas decorations were up for Thanksgiving.  Since we didn't celebrate until Friday, I decided to put my tree up on Wednesday.

No comments: