I often take for granted how lucky I am. I am not trying to be conceded. I live in America. I have a house, a job, and a car. I am able to buy new clothes when I need them. I never go hungry. I never go thirsty. I have clean drinking water.
A few months back I came across a blog that was promoting Safe Water for Life to a family through Compassion International. The cost $55. My thought was why not? For the amount of money I spend to replace the water filter in my fridge every 6-12 months, a family could have clean drinking water forever.
"Every day over 4,000 children die of water-related diseases such as cholera and typhoid that are easily preventable. Compassion’s Water of Life treatment system and education can change that for an entire lifetime. Your gift will provide a safe water system for a child and his or her family. Each system, which is based on kidney dialysis technology, can provide over 1 million gallons of safe water." - via
Won't you think about giving a family safe drinking water for life? And if are in a situation where you are unable to part with $55, please check out the entire Compassion Christmas Catalog. There are many options to fit every budget.
I truly believe that God is working miracles through Compassion International.
Happy Wednesday!!!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment