Week 7 of 1/2 marathon training is now behind me. My 12 mile run Saturday sucked. My head wasn't really in it from the beginning and all I could think about was how this run was NEVER going to end. I got it over with early Saturday morning because I knew the longer I wait and more likely it was going to mess with my head. During my run I kept thinking "what was I thinking signing up to run a 1/2 marathon." I got a lot of perspective on this after a friend on Facebook posted about his long run and how bad it was and someone who has run the St. Jude 1/2 before commented on his post and said "it will be worth every second of pain when you run through St. Jude and the families of all of sick kids are cheering you on. You then realize that your few months of pain do not even compare to what these sick children are going through." I had never even looked at it from that side and I think that is exactly what I needed to hear.
November 14th - 5.0 - Time: 46:21 - 9:16 min/mile avg
November 16th - 4.1 - Time: 37:16 - 9:05 min/mile avg
November 17th - 4.1 - Time: 26:43 - 8:57 min/mile avg
November 18th - 3.0 - Time: 26:55 - 8:58 min/mile avg
November 19th - 12.2 - Time: 1:57:51 - 9:40 min/mile avg
Weekly Total: 28.4
Yearly Total: 541.25
12 days to race day!!
I just realized this is my 100th post. I can't believe I've actually stuck to blogging on a semi-regular basis and made it to 100.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment