Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The "Twins" are Finally Here!

As you may have read here, my washer died a few weeks ago and we had to get new ones.

The "Twins"

So the washer actually arrived almost three weeks ago, but the dryer wasn't in stock so it was schedule to be delivered last Saturday.  On Friday, Lowe's called to confirm delivery on Saturday between 7am-noon.  We got up Saturday morning and decided since we didn't know what time they would show up or if they would call before they showed up that one of us should go to crossfit and one of us should stay home.  I told Scott to go on at 9am and to ask the trainer if I could come at 10am.  At 9:55 Lowe's called to ask if I had returned the washer and dryer.  Say What?  I was like....no, what I did was get a price adjustment on the washer and dryer b/c you guys started running a better sale.
Well long story short, Lowe's somehow still have 2 active invoices for the dryer in their system.  After 10 minutes on the phone I was told I probably wasn't going to get my dryer on Saturday.
Luckily I was still able to go to crossfit, b/c I would have been MAD had I not been able to make it.
Later they called me back to tell me they got everything worked out and the dryer would be delivered on Sunday.  Well as you know we went out Saturday night and by the time we set our clocks forward and went to bed it was 2:30am.  Lowe's called at 7:20am to see if I still wanted them to deliver the dryer.  My response was I sure hope you plan on bringing it today.  They told me they would be at the house around 8:30.  Needless to say, I didn't really go back to sleep and I finally got up about 8:15.  They did not show up until 10AM!!!  And after a small panic on my part that the dryer wasn't going to fit, the delivery guy was able to get everything set up and working.
I am soo happy now that they are here and working, but getting the dryer delivered was more than I bargained for.

No comments: