Having to empty a washing machine FULL of water is not fun. I didn't think we were ever going to get the excess water out of the clothes and then we had to scoop the water out of the washer with a huge cup and a tea pitcher.....Just what we wanted to do on Thursday night!
I have been talking about buying a new washer and dryer for about 4 years. Every year on Black Friday, there are AWESOME deals on front loading washers and dryers (I refer to these as "twins") and every year I would always say...."maybe next year." So after remembering that Arkansas started the Energy Star rebate up again for people upgrading to energy star appliances, we decided it was worth making an 8pm trip to Lowe's to see about replacing the old set. We found out the energy star rebate is only for the washer and Scott wanted to just replace the washer. I told him there was NO WAY I was going to have a front loading washer and keep my old school dryer. He finally just told me to pick out what I wanted. The sales guy sold us on a Whirlpool set that was a great price and has gotten excellent reviews. They are even offering free delivery and they will haul away the old washer for free (we are going to attempt to sell the dryer since it still works). So needless to say.....the new washer will be delivered Sunday and the dryer will be about a week after that. Only the washer was in stock, but I can live with the mismatch for a week or two.
Goodbye old friend!


HELLO New Friend!!! (I wanted colored ones but we couldn't wait 2-4 weeks for them to come in so we are getting white twins)
This put a small hiccup in our budgeting, but luckily we are getting some extra money back on our tax refund this year that we didn't expect so that will cover about half of the cost and the $225 energy start rebate will we another plus. If we can sell the washer for about $100 I will be happy. I told Scott this WILL NOT stop me from paying off my car next month!
Happy Friday!!!!!


1 comment:
Yikes! What an annoying washer failure. Glad you made the plunge for a new set and hope the twins last you for years! :)
Post a Comment