Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fat Tuesday

In honor of Fat Tuesday we had pancakes for dinner last night.  I don't usually eat pancakes (I have an aversion to soggy bread), but I thought I would give these a try.  Scott found a recipe for Paleo Pancakes and they looked pretty good. 

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs, room temperature (not room temperature)
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (coconut sap) (I used Honey instead)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour (I ended up using a little more than this b/c the mixture was VERY thin)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (forgot to use)
  • coconut oil for frying (didn't use)
Instructions
  1. Preheat pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Beat eggs in a stand mixer until frothy. Mix in milk, vanilla, and coconut nectar.
  2. In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon and whisk together.
  3. Combine dry mixture with wet in the stand mixer and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl then mix on medium to medium-high for another minute or two or until the coconut flour is completely mixed into the batter.
  4. Grease pan with coconut oil. Pour batter to create pancakes that are about 3 inches in diameter. If the batter seems too thin you may need to add a small amount of coconut flour to achieve the desired consistency.
  5. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
  6. Serve hot with coconut oil, coconut nectar, agave nectar, honey, syrup or fruit.(We ate them w/ thinned maple syrup.  We poured about 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup and 1/2 of water together...microwaved it for 15 seconds and then mixed it up real good)
These turned out AWESOME!  I have never liked pancakes, but these were SOOOOO good.  I'm pretty sure my tastes buds are changing.  I also ate broccoli for the 1st time last week.








    They were very ugly looking but they were delicious!!!






    The season of Lent starts today.  I am still trying to decide if I am going to give up anything this year or not.  Maybe I should aim to continue eating healthy with less cheat meals a week.  I also want to try to make a point to read a Lent Reading Plan on my You Version Bible App on my iPhone.

    Happy Wednesday!!!

    No comments: