Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, March 26, 2012

Mish-Mash and The Hunger Games

Last week was spring break and although Scott and I both work for school districts, he is the only one that gets off for Spring Break. We headed down to New Orleans on Tuesday and spent a few days being tourists (more on this later).

Saturday my parents came down to bring our dog bag and help us hang a few things in our garage.  The plan was to buy the material and hang a shelf in the garage, but Scott talked me out of it while we were at Lowe's pricing the material, so we ended up just throwing a bunch of stuff away that was taking up space in our garage and re-organizing a  little bit.

And then yesterday morning we decided to go watch the Hunger Games. 


 
After refusing to read the books for months, I finally broke down about a month ago and read ALL of them.  I even talked Scott into reading them as well....which was huge b/c he NEVER reads.  The movie was REALLY good and while I was sad they changed a few things from the book, overall I thought they did a really good job of following the book.  Oh, and another cool fact about the movie.  The guy who plays Senaca Crane (Wes Bentley) in the movie is from Arkansas.  Yep.  The dark headed guy below with the funny beard. 


I can't say we are BFF or anything but I have met him...before he was famous.  When I was in high school I went on a trip to NYC with the United Methodist Church.  One year Wes was in my small group and I remember him talking about how he wanted to move to NYC and become an actor.  I'm thinking he has done pretty good for himself.

Happy Monday!  May the odds be EVER in your favor! (pretend I'm using my best Effie Trinket voice)

No comments: