Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap Randomness

  • Friday afternoon, I left work early to go to crossfit early since Scott's family was coming Friday night.  It was 1st Friday meaning you get to pick the HERO/GIRL WOD you want to do that day.  Because I had missed this workout twice b/c I was sick both times they did it, I decided to do "Barbara" (5 rounds - 20 pullups, 30 pushups, 40 situps, 50 squats, 3 min rest between rounds).  It was a pretty big class but most everyone else picked a workout that took a lot less time.  It is NO FUN working out by your self for the last 20 minutes b/c everyone has finished.  I finished in 46:18 and my body is still sore 2 days later.  
  • Saturday morning we went to Scott's cousins wedding at the Clinton Library.  Between the wedding and the reception we were able to tour the library which was pretty cool.  I had never been there and they had just opened the Play Ball exhibit with memorabilia from the St. Louis Cardinals.
  • Saturday afternoon was spent hanging out and running errands.  I have been talking into reading the Hunger Games books, so Saturday night was spent finishing up book 1.  I am about 1/2 way through book 2 and I admit.....I can't wait to see the movies.  
  • Sunday was a low key day.  We ended up not doing anything other than going to church and out to eat with a group afterwards.  We kept talking about going to see Act of Valor all weekend, but we never made it.
  • Sunday was the 10th Annual Little Rock Marathon.  Yesterday morning, I was wishing pretty bad that I had signed up to run the 10K.  It was perfect race weather and after seeing my Facebook news feed blow up with all these people running the race yesterday, I was a little jealous I wasn't down there running.  Maybe next year....
  • This weekend we are headed to see Zac Brown Band.  I can't wait!!  
  • In 2 weeks and a day, Scott and I are headed to New Orleans.  I have never been and always wanted to go.  Scott, on the other hand, has been more than once but he was willing to go again.  We are trying to plan out all the best places to eat and other things to do while we are there so we don't end up hanging out on Bourbon the entire time we are there.

Happy Monday!!   

1 comment:

Savannah said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Enjoy your upcoming concert and trip!!