Now that I have started CrossFit, I really haven't been running that much and the running I have been doing has been short distances.
December 9th - 1.25
December 10th - .5
Weekly Total: 1.75
Week of December 11th - 17th - 0
December 19th - 1.0
December 21st - 4.3
Weekly Total: 5.3
Yearly Total: 595.3
So on Wednesday the 21st, we got to CrossFit and the workout was that we could either run a 5K or row a 5K. Since I haven't done much running and the weather was decent, I decided to run the 5K. The trainer had a map drawn on the board to show the route. It was pretty much a 1.25 mile loop that we would run twice and then an extra .6 of a mile on the end to round it out. 5 of the girls decided to run it so Adele (the trainer) explained the route a couple of times for those of us unfamiliar with the area and then we were off. While she was explaining the route we noticed that a guy at an earlier class has ran about 4 miles. We asked what happened and she said the he had gotten lost. We that wasn't going to happen to us, I mean how hard was it to run up HWY 107, make a R on Bobbitt, make an R on Hatcher, and another R on HWY 107. I ended up in the lead and everyone was following me. I finished the 1st loop and thought that was the LONGEST 1.25 miles ever! I didn't have my iPod so I chalked it up to that and went on. I finished the 2nd loop and then did the little extra and got back to the box and called time. 38:48 was what she wrote down. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? It took me almost 40 miles to run 3.1 miles when just a couple of weeks ago I was averaging about a 9 minute mile or less. Adele then says, did you turn R on Hayley or did you go to the end of Hatcher? Duh I went to the end of Hatcher just like you said.....WRONG! Turns out we ran 4.3 miles instead. Oh well, I guess my body needed a good run and it felt great to know that my speed hadn't really slowed either especially with the rolling hills. Lesson learned....always triple check the directions!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment