Now that the half marathon is over, I thought I would share my training schedule and proof of how I did at sticking to it. I found a half marathon training schedule online and altered it a little bit to my liking. Below is the schedule that I put up on the cork board as a reminder of how much I was supposed to run each day. (Can you tell I love Excel spreadsheets?) The goal was to attempt to follow the below schedule as well as possible. I started out running only at the gym until the week of 10/9-10/15 and I started running outside. I only went back to the gym once b/c it was pouring down rain. Once the weather cooled off a little I LOVED running outside.
Below is the picture of how many miles I actually logged on which days. I really can't believe that my actual miles came it almost exactly with what was on the training schedule above.
I found that the more I ran the faster I became. I never thought I would run anything much faster than a 10 minute mile let alone be able to keep that pace for 13.1 miles.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment