After the 1/2 marathon I decided to trade in running for Crossfit @ Sherwood Crossfit.. I remember when Scott first started going to Crossfit in August and how bad his body hurt after it was over. Part of me thought it wouldn't be that bad since I had been running non-stop for the past 12 weeks. I thought I was in pretty good shape. Wrong! All I did was run for 12 weeks. I never lifted weights or worked out in any other way. My first day at crossfit (which was 2 days after the 1/2 marathon) we did squats, sit-ups, pull-ups, and push-ups. My body hurt for 5 days. It didn't help that I went back on Wednesday for another a$$ whipping and then again on Friday and Saturday. By Saturday my legs were finally starting to feel normal again and I didn't want to die every time I got up or sat down. After only going 5 times, I am completely addicted. It is a nice change up from running and everyone is really supportive.
Below is a quick run down of the 1st weeks WOD's (Workout of the Day)
Monday
Tabata Allota! 8 Rounds each - Each round consists of doing as many reps as you can in 20 sec followed by a 10 sec rest. At the end of 8 rounds you get a 1 min rest before moving on to the next thing on the list. My results are in () below
Squat (65)
Pull Up (45 jumping)
Sit Up (55)
Push Up (51 incline)
Wednesday
Hang Power Cleans
Since I had never done this before, most of my time was spent trying to get the technique down rather than seeing how much weight I could lift (which would not have been very much)
5 min AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible)
1 Burpee
5 20" box jumps
10 KB Swings 25lb
I Completed 5 rounds on the AMRAP
Friday
400M Run
15 Handstand pushups (I did a modified version on a box)
18 Rope pull-ups
5 Rounds for time
Finished in 17:02
Saturday
We did a 12 min AMRAP using a deck of cards to determine what we would do next
At the end we did 100 sit-ups for time - 5:54
Monday
12 min AMRAP
5 Knees to Elbows (mine were not very good)
10 Hand Release push ups
15 20" box jumps
Finish: 6 rounds + 4 Knees to elbows
8 strict pull-ups with green band
10 kipping pull-ups with green band (these were not very pretty but I'm learning)
Hopefully I will be able to look back at this is a couple of months and really tell how far I have come. And hopefully my muscles will no longer we sore on a daily basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Honestly, I think you'll always be sore after CrossFit workouts. That's just how it works when you're pushing your body SOO hard every time, at least in my experience!
Cross Fit has become the rage around here, but I am skeptical. I love running and the cardiovascular effects. Do you feel like you get the same at CF? I love feeling sore, so I might need to try it out. Keep your progress and insight coming on your blog!
Post a Comment