Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Eve 2011

We got invited to spend New Years this year at cabin at Tanyard Springs on Petit Jean with some of our friends. We agreed to go before Scott found out there was not TV and he would miss a billion bowl games.  He survived and we ended up having a blast.  We left on early Friday afternoon and made a stop in Conway to eat at Marketplace (one of the only things we miss from living in Conway). 












After filling up on GREAT food, we made the last 40 minutes of the drive up to Tanyard Springs where we stayed in the "Settler" cabin.  Believe it or not this was the largest cabin there and could sleep 8.  I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the bunk beds.  I actually attempted to sleep in one of them on the 2nd night and it lasted about 20 minutes until I realized that it wasn't going to work b/c they were made for kids not adults who are 5'11". 

"The Settler"





A view of the kitchen from the couch.



A view of the living room from the kitchen.



A view of the loft


The loft
On Friday night we just hung out and grilled burgers.  The girls made it a pretty early night while the boys stayed up until 2 am.  It is not easy sleeping in the loft with music blaring right downstairs.
Scott, me, and Christy.


We got up Saturday morning and after breakfast decided to go for a hike.  There was a trail close by that was about 1/2 mile up to Sunrise Point.  We stayed there for a while until we decided it was time to head back for lunch.
The boys were ready to go.

Scott, me, Christy, Vandy, Daniel, Julie, and Miller



Acting stupid


After lunch we decided it was time to start the bonfire even though the sign said "Absolutely no open fires."  We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out outside.




Our "illegal" bonfire

We decided to cook steaks for NYE dinner and Christy bought the biggest steaks I think I have ever seen.






Vandy trying to eat his steak with a hurt finger.  This is what happens when you try to carve wood with a pocket knife.  He cut his finger pretty good and we improvised with paper towels and a rubber band to get the bleeding to stop.


We spent the rest of the night outside around the bonfire roasting marshmellows, eating s'mores, drinking a few adult beverages, and having a good time.






We rang in the new year with a Champagne toast and then called it a night shortly after.  It was great to get away with awesome friends and do something totally different for NYE.  It was an awesome weekend, but thanks to the drastic change in temperature lately (it was about 65 NYE) and the smoke from the bonfire, I now have a sinus cold.

I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!

No comments: