Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Thursday, February 28, 2013

37 Weeks



  • Carter is officially considered full term.  According to my app, he is roughly the size of a watermelon and weighs around 6.5 lbs.
  • I am down 3.4 lbs this week for a total weight gain of 24.4 lbs.  As I said last week, sometimes I feel like I have no control over what my weight does.  Although I think our eating habits were slightly better this week.
  • Last Friday I started having braxton hicks contractions.  I ended up going home early and as the night went on the pain became constant.  I work up just after midnight and the pain was bad enough I could barely stand.  After a quick call of the 24 hour line at the hospital, I woke Scott up and we headed up to triage.  It turned out I was having come contractions, but I was also having muscle spasms.  Luckily they were able to give me a muscle relaxer which worked wonders.  Unfortunately, we were there 3 hours and didn't get home until 4:30am Saturday morning.  They checked me while at the triage clinic and I have dilated to 1. 
  • After our trip to the hospital, I decided it was time to get serious about getting a bag packed for the hospital.  Carter's bag is now packed and mine is mostly packed.  About the only things missing are the things I use every day, like my make-up, hair brush, etc.
  • Exercise has better this week.  I actually went for a walk 4 days.  The weather has been hit and miss but I have forced myself to get outside for bit.
  • I went back to the doctor today and I am dilated to a 2 almost a 3 and am 75% effaced.  She doubts I make it 2 more weeks, but anything can happen.  Carter's heartbeat is till really good, but he has dropped.  I better get to putting the car seat in the car!!!

No comments: