Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

London 2012

I love the Olympics.  Especially the Summer Olympics.  I am counting down the days until they start.  Gymnastics and Swimming are my two favorite events.  Four years ago when the summer Olympics were going on, Scott and I were in Jamaica celebrating our 5 year anniversary.  We always make sure we were in the room to watch Michael Phelps make Olympic history. 

The U.S. Olympic Trials for Swimming have been on TV this week.  The 1st race we got to watch Monday night was Phelps and Lochte go head to head in the 400m IM.  Lochte beat Phelps Monday night and then turns around and beat him again last night in the 200m Free.  It's looking like Lochte may be the one to watch this year at the Olympics.

The Trials for Track and Field were on Monday night also.  It was crazy to see how fast the women ran in the 5000m.  They were averaging around a 5 minute mile which is almost twice as fast as I run.  To top it off they made it look soooo easy.  

It is truly amazing the talent and dedication these athletes have.

Exactly one month until the Olympics!

No comments: