Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Surgery = Success

Yesterday was surgery day. We drove 2 hours on Thursday afternoon to Jonesboro to have the surgery done by a doctor who knew my mom.
We had to be at the hospital @ 7:15 yesterday morning. They called me back pretty quick and I got changed into this stylish gown and socks.




After waiting a little bit, the nurse came in to start my IV. She found a good vein in my right hand and stuck me there. After what felt like forever she pulled the needle out and it was a bust. She and another nurse then attempted to put my IV in my left hand. Again it ended in failure. They decided to just let the anesthesiologist do it.
About 15 min before my surgery was scheduled, a nurse came in to tell us Dr. C had been called in to help with another surgery so we were going to get started a little late.
They finally wheeled me down about 30 minutes late. The anesthesiologist tried twice to get my IV started but my vein blew both times. Dr. C tried once an my vein blew, then some other guy stuck it in my right wrist without much notice and I let out a string of curse words, but it finally worked.
The last thing I remember was them telling me they were going to give me some meds to make me sleepy. Surgery started about an hour late and lasted about an hour and 15 min. When I woke up they told me that both my tubes had been blocked and he found more endometriosis than he ever imagined, but he got it ALL!!!
I was very dizzy after surgery, but was able to sleep it off. My stomach is sore today, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. I'm so thankful for Dr. C!! He says my chances of getting pregnant are really good now. This might be the best money I've ever spent.
While I could beat myself up and say I should have done this a long time ago, I believe this is exactly how God planned it. He has perfect timing and he's never late even if that's hard for us to understand. Today I am excited and grateful for getting answers.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jos said...

WONDERFUL news!! I'm so glad he was able to get it all!

Savannah said...

This is incredible news! I just know a baby is in your near future!

Kim said...

glad everything went well...come on bfp :)