These past couple of weeks have felt like a whirlwind and I'm soo glad things are starting to settle down. I started back to crossfit last week and after taking 11 days off it almost felt like I was starting over from the beginning. I was more sore than I've been in a while, but I survived.
On Friday we headed to NE Arkansas for my follow-up visit with Dr. C. We got a see lots of pictures from the surgery (32 in all) and he went over everything with me. Basically, there was endometriosis EVERYWHERE. My right ovary was covered in it, it was on my bladder, and it was soo bad on both tubes that it had caused both tubes to be blocked. I am soo thankful he was able to remove all of it. Hopefully this is the answer we have been looking for b/c he said my tubes were not in the best shape.
We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my parents and helping clean out their attic. Who knew my parents were such hoarders. We threw away 2 truck beds full of trash and my dad had a pile of stuff he was going to try to sell. Out of everything we went through last weekend, I think I kept 1 or 2 things.
Life was back to normal....until Tuesday afternoon. I left work on Tuesday to go workout. I should have known as soon as I saw the workout that I was in trouble.
Tuesday's WOD:
1 mile run
50 burpee box jumps
800m run
35 burpee box jumps
400m run
20 burpee box jumps
I made it threw the 1 mile run and was about 13 burpee box jumps in when I stepped off the box and landed on my left ankle which proceeded to pop. I screamed and shed some tears. The trained asked if I needed a doctor and my husband knowing this is a common occurance looked at her and said "Nah, just get her an ice pack and she will be fine." At the time I wanted to hit him, but he was right. We both knew it wasn't broken. Luckily it was my left foot and I was able to drive myself home. After a day of R&R yesterday, I am back at work and getting around on it pretty good. In other news, my tennis shoes will NO LONGER be worn to crossfit in. I have rolled my ankles 4 times since buying these shows last fall. They will be used for walking and jogging only.
Now to just survive the rest of the week at work. I think things are finally starting to slow down and we can catch our breath for things get crazy again in August and stay crazy until November.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear your follow-up appointment went well. Fingers crossed for a baby VERY soon! :)
Post a Comment