Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Recap and Random Thoughts

  • Well I didn't win the MegaMillions Friday night.  I don't even think we won $1.  Guess I will continue working to pay the bills.
  • Saturday we went out to a deer camp and had a cookout with a bunch of people Scott works with.  The weather was awesome and the food was great.
  • Yesterday we had church at 11 instead of the usual 5:30pm, then I went to watch The Hunger Games for a 2nd time with one of my friends who hasn't seen it yet.  For lunch, Emily introduced me to a yummy lil place called Taziki's and it was fan-tabulous!
  • I haven't really been closely following the Trayvon Martin case, but something about the case is plastered on the front page of Yahoo about every day so it's hard to not know something about it.  I don't know all the facts and I'm not going to pretend that I do.  I do believe however that the media has twisted pieces of the actual events to make a better story and we will probably never know EXACTLY what happened that day.
  • Two girls were killed and  boy was injured Saturday night in NE Arkansas after prom.  Please keep their families and friends in your prayers.  I didn't know any of them personally but it is 20 miles away from where I grew up and one of my sorority sisters worked at the school where the kids attended.  You can read the story here.
  • CrossFit kicked my butt on Saturday morning.  Saturdays are Team WODs and the workout was 300 squats, 300 situps, 300 double unders (jumping rope but the rope passes under your feet twice in one jump instead of once).  Your team could consist of 2 or 3 people.  Scott and I paired up and hashed out a plan.  While one person did 50 squats, the other did 50 situps.  After we knocked those out we would attach the double unders together.  (Note to self:  never decide to do 150 situps without a mat under you again.  I now have a HUGE strawberry b/c of this.)  For anyone who couldn't do a double under, they were allowed to do singles.  The trainer stated that even if you could only do a couple you still had to attempt double unders.  Well Scott and I are fairly knew to being able to do any, but we tackled it anyway.  Needless to say we were the last ones finished and my calves are on FIRE today from trying to stay on my toes while fighting through them.

No comments: