Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

  • My weekend officially started after work on Thursday.  Scott and I, along with about 35 other people from our church, volunteered Thursday night at CARTI's Ragin Cajun.  We waited tables and in exchange we got free food and drinks.  Well worth it in my book b/c this girl LOVES crawfish.  After it was over we got talked into going to Cajun's to how out on the deck.  It's a good think I took off on Friday b/c we didn't get home until midnight, which is way past my bedtime.
  •  Friday morning I planned on cleaning the house and then we were going to mow the yard.  I like to clean with vinegar and baking soda, so I mixed up a bottle of it and headed to tackle the shower.  Apparently it wasn't completely mixed and about 10 seconds after I stepped in the shower the plastic bottle exploded in my face.  My eyes were bloodshot and red for about 3 hours, but thank goodness it was non-toxic.  Lesson Learned.
  • Friday night I went to see Miranda Lambert with Julie, Christy, and Darla.  We ate dinner at Big Whiskey's, then rode the trolley over to the area.  The seats where high up, but they were free.  We stayed in our seats for about an hour of the concert, then headed out to the concession area to people watch.
  • Saturday we went to CrossFit, finished cleaning the house, and then to Sam's Club to stock up on groceries.  Saturday night we headed back downtown for Holly and Roger's Engagement party at the Flying Saucer.  For the 3rd night in a row, we stayed out until midnight.  This girl is REALLY not used to staying out this late soo often.

No comments: