Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The Hogs

After a whirlwind 10 days, Petrino was fired as the Razorback football coach last night.  I am not going to go into the details of everything that has come to light over the past week and a half, but anyone who remotely keeps up with college sports has probably heard about the whole ordeal.  If have no clue what I am referring to them just google "petrino motorcycle accident" and you can find all the crazy details.

We watched the entire press conference last night even thought the news had already broke that he was gone.  AD Jeff Long handled himself very well and it was sad to see him get emotional when talking about the players and the staff that have been affected by this.  No doubt Jeff Long made the right decision in firing him, especially after hearing more details come out regarding the situation late night.  I can only imagine how hard this was on Long, as he was the one who hired Petrino in the first place.  

It is sad that Petrino thought so highly of himself that he thought he could do whatever he wanted and their would not be any consequences.  I personally am still in shock that he lied over and over again when presented with the chance to come clean.  It was only when the police report became public that he finally decided to tell the truth.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I mean I am talking about the man also known as BMFP.  I am sure more details about his inappropriate relationship will continue to come out over time.

Bobby Petrino was a good coach.  That's undeniable.  Look what he has done for Razorback football.  He, however, it not that great of a man.

Scott and I were REALLY looking forward to what looked to be a AWESOME year in Razorback football.  We even bought season tickets for the 1st time ever this year.  With the coaching situation in limbo, part of me wishes I could get my money back.  Hopefully the team and staff will rally behind whatever coaching decision the university makes for the 2012 season.  This could still make for a pretty good football season. 

In the words of my husband....."The team is built to win."  I only hope they can get a coach, whether it is Interim or Full-Time that will help them do just that.  

In the end U of A chose morals OVER popularity and the goes a long way in my book.


"No single individual is bigger than a team." ~ Jeff Long

No comments: