Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Fair Game

Scott and I like to play the fair game.  You know... I drive half the trip, you drive half the trip or I do this if you do that.  It's all taken lightly and in good nature.

On Monday we were on our way back to my office after our Dr.'s Appt and I said to him "Hey, when you get home can you go upstairs and get our 2011 tax returns out of the filing cabinet?  Just grab the folder and bring it downstairs." (He was off work on Monday)

Scott: "Sure, send me a text so I won't forget."

(I then send him a text)

On Tuesday I am driving to work and it dawns on my that I didn't grab the folder.  When I start to think about it, I didn't even see the folder.  Tuesday afternoon he calls me and we are talking about dinner and I am ask him if he is ever going to go get the propane tank filled so that we can use the grill.  Scott then proceeds to say "When you get home, can you go unhook the propane tank and set it in the garage?  I will go get it filled when I get home."

Me:  "That depends....where are the 2011 tax returns I asked you to bring downstairs yesterday?  I didn't see the folder this morning."

Scott: "#$@#, they are upstairs on the computer desk.  I got them out of the filing cabinet, but forgot to bring them downstairs."

Me:  "I guess I will unhook the propane tank and leave it in the backyard.  Since you can't bring the folder downstairs, I can't bring the propane tank to the garage.  That's FAIR right?"

I'm not sure he found that quite as funny as I did, but in the end we both got a good laugh.  Needless to say, not only did I put the propane tank in the garage, but I went upstairs and got the folder myself.  Sometimes the fair game doesn't work as planned. 

No comments: