Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Refinance from ___________

Back in July we decided we should look into refinancing our house.  After calling around a few places, I decided to call Wells Fargo since that is where our mortgage currently was.  They gave me a great rate and I was going to be able to reduce my loan from 30 years to 20 years and my payment would only go up around $100 a month.  We decided this was a great opportunity and started the process. 
Everything started off fine, then I never got a call about an mandatory appraisal.  After finally calling the loan officer's boss, I was finally able to pay for and schedule my appraisal.  Then everything stalled once again.  I kept getting the run around and was repeatedly asked to send the same documents over and over.  I still can't figure out why I was asked 3-4 times to send copies of my flood insurance and hazard insurance when they already had both on file from where they were ALREADY paying them.  (I guess I shouldn't be surprised as a few months ago they asked for a copy of my hazard insurance, which they already had, and when I faxed it they promptly paid my hazard insurance again which caused the insurance company to mail me a check and then I had to turn around and pay it back to my escrow.)
We are required to have flood insurance b/c we live on a lake and that caused an entirely different set of problems for them.  I have never seen people push off blame soo much in my life.  We also have a 2nd mortgage with another bank that we DID NOT want to combine with our 1st mortgage.  This also caused an issue b/c they couldn't seem to figure out why in the world we wouldn't combine the two.  We have our reasons...
They were also NEVER able to tell me the exact amount of our new loan (as we were adding in the closing costs instead of bringing money to the closing).  
Then 2 weeks ago they tell me we are almost ready to close and even go so far as having the title company call me and set up a time and then turn around and tell me they don't have all the documents yet.  Here we are almost 2 weeks later and we have finally closed on our refinance.  
It took roughly 80 days from start to finish.  I made 3 mortgage payments before we were able to close on this loan.  Needless to say, I will NEVER has another mortgage with Wells Fargo.
Oh the joys of being a homeowner......

No comments: