Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CrossFit and Weekend Wrap-Up

  • Friday night we went to CrossFit.  It was 1st Friday which means everyone gets to pick the HERO or Girl WOD they want to do.  I am not sure what I was thinking, but I picked BLAKE which is
    • 4 Rounds
    • 100 ft walking lunges with a 45lb plate (I used 15lb plate and actually tossed it after the 2nd RD)
    • 30 box jumps (20")
    • 20 wall balls (14lb)
    • 10 hand-stand push-ups (I use a box when doing these)
    • I finished in 28:25
  • We cooked dinner at home and called it an early night.
  • Saturday morning we went to CrossFit.  It was a team WOD (teams of 2) that consisted of the following
    • 200m sprint relay x 3 - each team member ran 200m 3 times and only one person runs at a time
    • 100 sledge hammer strikes**
    • 200 sit-ups**
    • 100 pull-ups**
    • 200 KB swings**
    • 200m sprint relay x 3 - each team member ran 200m 3 times and only one person runs at a time
    •  **Only 1 person can be doing an exercise at a time.  The other person has to hold a 25lb plate
    • Scott and I were partners and we finished in 38:35 (A picture of the WOD is put on facebook after each workout and the caption on this workout was "Partner Relay Hell." 
  • After the brutal workout, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with some Mexican food @ Cactus Jacks, I made a batch of cookies, and then we spent the rest of the day at a crawfish boil at a friends house in WLR.
  • We were pretty lazy on Sunday, but Scott did get in the swimming pool to vacuum it.  It's hard to believe that the pool water is already in the 80's.  I think this is the earliest we have gotten in the pool and not been freezing to death.  We headed to church Sunday night and then out to eat @ Buffalo Grill.  We usually do our grocery shopping on Sunday, but we didn't need much so we just stopped at Wal-Mart on our way home Sunday night to grab a couple of things to get us through.
  • Mondays are my least favorite day of the week.  It seems like I always have a hard time going to sleep on Sunday nights so I am always extra tired on Mondays.  I showed up to CrossFit on Monday hoping it was going to be a strength day or a workout that wasn't going to be BRUTAL.  It was 90 degrees and HUMID outside and if you didn't know, CrossFit boxes don't have A/C or heat.  Below is the WOD from Monday which the trainer had titled "Steck-Con Delta."
    • Row 1000 meters
    • Then 5 Rounds of the following 3 exercises:
    • 30 wall balls
    • 20 box jumps
    • 10 burpees
    • Run 1000 meters
    • I finished in 33:50

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments: