Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Friday, May 25, 2012

5 Things Friday


  1. I have a love/hate relationship with our pool.  When everything is running smoothly, I love it.  When something goes wrong, I hate it.  The 1st year we had the pool the water turned green at least 5 times.  Last summer we switched to salt and got rid of the water turning green problem, but in June last year in 100 degree weather our pump died.  I ran home that morning to help Scott unhook it.  Luckily, we were able to get it fixed the same day, but then at 6pm we were outside trying to hook it back up.  It was not an easy task in sweltering Arkansas heat.  This summer, the screw that holds the light in place fell out.  We ended up having to order a new screw, but we have so far been unsuccessful at putting it in.  Scott refuses to drain the water from the pool to accomplish this task, so we spent 45 minutes last night trying to hold our breath and fix the light.  Luckily, the only issue this causes is we are losing a little more water than normal and we have to fill the pool up more often.

  2. Have you ever felt like you were going to throw up even before a workout?  About a week and a half ago I had been CRAVING Chick-fil-a so I caved and ate it for lunch.  I know better than to eat really bad food before a workout so I usually try to avoid it.  I got to CrossFit and saw the workout on the board and was pretty sure this would finally be the time that I threw up during a WOD.  Thankfully I didn't barf, but I am pretty sure it was going to happen at any minute.  The fact that we stood around for 15 minutes waiting before we actually started the WOD made things worse.  I really don't want to have a lot of time to think about it, I'd rather just get it over with.  
    • The WOD: "Run Fran Run"
      • 21 thrusters, 21 pullups, 800m run
      • 15 thrusters, 15 pullups, 600m run
      • 9 thrusters, 9 pullups, 400m run
    • I did 55lb thrusters for the 1st time ever and I did all my pullups using a red band.
    • Finished in: 21:42

  3. My laproscopic surgery is 1 week from today.  I am soo ready to get this over with.  I pray that this will provide some answers to why I haven't been able to get knocked up.  

  4. In a few hours I get to see this kid.  Isn't she the CUTEST?  Living 3 hours away, we don't get to see her often, but I am lucky enough to have gotten to see her last weekend and this weekend.

  5. Scott has been dying to watch Contraband.  One of my coworkers finally broke down and bought it b/c it wasn't at Redbox yet.  We got to watch it Tuesday night.  It was a great movie.  Seems like Mark Wahlberg has been making lots of great movies lately.
Happy Friday!  It's going to be a much needed LONG weekend!

No comments: