Monday, January 24, 2011
Sometimes Shopping Isn't Fun....
Scott and I went to Jonesboro this weekend to celebrate an early birthday for my mom. We had an awesome lunch at Godsey's and then did a little shopping. I should start by saying that jeans and shoe shopping have NEVER been easy for me. For someone who is almost 6'0" (mostly legs) and Sizse 11 VERY narrow feet, the idea of shopping for shoes and pants is aweful. So, all I wanted Saturday was a pair of skinny jeans. How hard could that be? It wasn't going to matter if they were a little short b/c I only plan on wearing them with boots. I had been putting off going to the Gap for about 3 weeks now. I just knew I would be able to walk in there find a pair and that would be that. WRONG! I went in Gap, tried on 3 or 4 pairs of jeans and no luck. UGH! Oh well, on to The Buckle. I tried on probably 10 pair of jeans with NO LUCK! Then I tried Dillard's, Carter's Corner, SteamRoller, and Old Navy. By this point I was irritated and gave up. I probably spent 3-4 hours looking for jeans. What really makes me mad is the fact that Scott can walk in a store, pick up a pair of jeans, never try them on, buy them and they are a perfect fit. Needless to say, when we got back to Little Rock yesterday, Scott and I headed to the Mall because I was sure they the Limited would be the answer to my problem. Well it wasn't. They had very few choices and not what I was looking for. The girl at the limited suggested looking in American Eagle, so we did. I now remember why I no longer show at AE. They make clothes they only fit teenagers. After trying on 2 pair of jeans there, Scott talked me into trying the Buckle again. Good choice Scott! I walked in the girl helped me find about 4 or 5 pairs of jeans, I tried them on and sure enough I found 2 pair that fit. I finally picked the pair I liked the best, bought them, and was out the door all within about 20 minutes. Sunday shopping was much better than Saturday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should try jeggings! I went to Old Navy and tried some on and it was the most horrifying experience. But then, I went to target and tried on some mossimo ones and they worked great.
Post a Comment