That's right. I am officially signed up to run a leg of the relay in the Little Rock Marathon! I can't believe it. We are going to run on our own during the week and them meet up on the weekend for a long run. I have to admit, I was doing pretty good going to the gym until I got sick over Christmas break. I had actually ran 6 miles a couple of times before the break. Last week I thought I was going to die running 3. That's what a couple of weeks off and a lot of eating bad food will do! I am still trying to get back in the swing of things...but that ends today. I log my miles on a calendar at home so I can see how much I run each week. I am going to try and post my weekly totals on here to help keep me accountable. My team is made up of Bass, Wendy, and Jordan (Wendy's sister). We have finally decided on a team name: 3 Girls A Guy and A Relay. Wendy and Jordan ran the relay a couple of years ago and I'm soo excited to be running it with them this year.
To one up me, Scott is running the 1/2 marathon. He signed up back in November and has been training for a while now. I was going to just go an cheer him on, but now I will be running too. I am pretty sure I am going to get to run the 1st leg so at least we will get to start out running together and then I will be done in time to run back over to the finish line and watch him finish! I guess my 6.2 miles will look pretty low compared to the 13.1 he will be running. Oh well! It will be a great time!
Since we are both running I have enlisted my parents to come down for the weekend and be the photographers of the event and to celebrate my dad's birthday which will be the week before the race. I don't want to miss getting pictures of this! It will be a great accomplishment for both of us.
52 days to race day!! I better get to running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think it is so great you and Scott can run together. I have decided to do the c25k program (finally) this year and am hoping Keary will decide to join me. I'm not holding my breath on it though.
That's awesome! Hopefully Keary will join you. At first Scott hated the idea of running, but once I finally got him on a treadmill and he got over the 1st day of his shins hurting he decided he liked it!
Post a Comment