
Saturday was my mom's actual birthday. We headed out around 10:30. My parents ran by and got their hair cut and washed while Scott and I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby. We had lunch at another local spot in Jonesboro that has the best cheeseburger I think I have ever eaten. I also ran into a friend who I had not seen in years.
After lunch we decided to do a little shopping. We stopped by a local shop that sells a little bit of everything...razorback stuff, home decor stuff, and baby stuff. We picked up a baby book for Carter and what is hopefully our last piece of wall art for Carter's room. After that we decided to run by a couple of furniture stores. Scott and I have been on the hunt for new barstools for a couple of months. We knew exactly what we wanted, but couldn't seem to find them anywhere. We walked into a furniture store and there they were right by the store. Fortunately they have them in counter height also which is what we needed. She called their other store that was 45 minutes away and they had 3 left that were not already sold. We bought them without hesitation. My mom also found a really nice zebra print storage ottoman to use in front of her couch.
We ate lunch with my parents Sunday then headed back to LR. We barely made it home and got the car unloaded until it was time for me to leave again. We had a baby shower for a church member before church Sunday night, so I had to be there early.
I ended up taking off work on Monday because I have had a nagging sore throat for 2 days. Luckily, I think I am finally over it. I had my mom put our old barstools on a FB yard sale page and she sold them in about an hour. Hopefully the person won't back out by the time my mom picks them up this weekend.
Looks like we are in for a stormy afternoon/night here. Hopefully it won't start until after I get home.

No comments:
Post a Comment