Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

So the entire week leading up to Easter I was sick. I was having terrible sinus problems. On Friday I finally decided to go to the doctor. I am soo glad I did. Not only did she give me a zpac, but she also gave me a decadron shot. I began to feel better within a few hours. The only downside is that I had the shot late enough in the day that it was going to keep me up that night. On Friday night Scott and I went to listen to Barrett Baber and Ernie Halter play at Ferneau. We had a great time, but when we got home I was wide awake. We decided to just go ahead and drive to my parent's house on Friday night. So we walked in the house, packed our bags, took the front top off the Jeep (I still can't believe I agreed to this on a 1 1/2 mostly interstate drive) and hit the road.  We got there at 2am! We spent all day Saturday doing absolutely nothing. It felt great to just hang out with my parents and not have to do anything. Sunday morning we went to church then out to eat because my mom didn't want to cook. So we had Easter lunch at Outback. We finally made our way back to Sherwood mid-afternoon. We knew there were storms coming and didn't want to get caught in them.

Oliver with his Easter baskets

I think he was starting to get impatient

Diggin in!

My Parents went all out on the baskets this year.  I think they were making up for the last 8 years when we didn't get one.





Apparently my mom didn't get the memo that everyone was wearing purple on Easter this year.

No comments: