Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, April 4, 2011

Heaven Is For Real

I love to read.  Just ask Scott.  I almost always have a book checked out from the library.

Well a couple of weeks ago, my mom called to tell me about a story that was on TV.  After digging a little on the internet I was able to find the video clip.  It was about a 4 yr old boy who had seen Heaven.  Turns out his dad has written a book about the events that led up to and what happened after their son's trip to Heaven.  My mom mailed me the book a coupe of days later and I had it read it about 2 days.  Had I had the time to I would have read the entire book in one sitting in about 2 1/2 hours.  I can't even begin to explain how great this book is.  It is truly amazing the things Colton (the son) eventually tells his parents.  Colton talks bout meeting his great-grandpa who he had never met before.  He also talks about meeting his other sister, which turned out to be the child his parents had lost about 8 weeks into pregnancy and they had never told Colton about the miscarriage.  Even his parents didn't know the baby was a girl. 

 I am pretty sure I cried almost the entire way through the book.  I highly recommend this book. 


2 comments:

Danyelle said...

You are the third or fourth person to recommend this book in less than a week so I put it on hold at the library.
Have you read "Same kind of Different as Me"? I read it last year and ended up buying and giving it as gifts last Christmas.

Summer said...

No I haven't but Thanks for the recommendation. I am currently reading Plan B, and my mom sent me another book that I can't remember the name of right now, but I will make a post about both books once I am done. I am going to check and see if the library has the book you recommended.