Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Weekend

We started off Superbowl weekend with a snow day on Friday. Scott had already gotten up, showered, was ready for work and about to eat breakfast. I was up and had just gotten out of the shower when we found out school was closed. I had still planned on coming into work for a couple of hours since it wasn't actually snowing yet, but then learned that our administrative offices had been closed as well. YIPEE!!! Free snow day!!! Scott went to work for a couple of hours and we decided to to go Wal-Mart when he got home around 9am. It had just started to snow and we figured this was a BAD idea. Wal-Mart was packed but we managed to get in and out in about 30 minutes. We hung out at home, cooked Chili and chocolate chip cookies. Why do I think I have to make cookies every time it snows???
We didn't really get out of the house again until lunch time on Saturday. We went to Sam's and the gym and then back home for the rest of the day. Yesterday we met up with about 35 other people from church for a pizza and bowling get together. It was so much fun. I love to bowl, but we never go. After that we came home made sausage balls for the Superbowl party we were going to and then we were out the door again within an hour. We went over to Brad and Shannon's to watch the game and eat some good food. By the time the game was over, we were exhausted from a non-stop day. However, Scott and I were both excited the PACKERS won!!

We awoke this morning to it snowing outside, but luckily it is above freezing here so it isn't sticking to the ground and we were able to make it to work. It's supposed to snow more on Wednesday so I guess we will see if we get another snow day this week. I am ready for 75 degree weather!!!

No comments: