Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another Snow Day (or 2)

It snowed again last week. The weatherman had been talking about it for about a week and he kept saying it was going to be big. I really figured most of it would miss us....as usual. Guess I was wrong this time....we ended up with about 6 inches of snow.

A few pics from when the snowing was just starting to fall Wednesday morning.






I guess Oliver tried to eat the snow





The aftermath of the 6 inches of snow





A few pictures of Oliver playing in the snow. He hated it. Probably because it came up to his stomach when he stood still. I kept coaxing him into the yard. He would make a big circle and go right back to the safety of the patio.






A picture of our front yard on the next day



I have somehow become obsessed with baking when it snows. We had a snow day on Feb 4th and I made cookies. Then on Wednesday when the snow started again, I made cupcakes. I took a picture of my cupcake creations. They are chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing.

I got 2 free days off work, but had to go in Friday morning. Luckily I didn't have to be at work until 10, so I was hoping the snow would have plenty of time to melt. WRONG! It still took me 45 minutes to get there. By the time I got to work, I wished I'd just stayed at home.
I am now officially ready for spring!

No comments: