Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Monday, December 13, 2010

Retail Therapy....the best type of Therapy there is

I love to shop. When I'm having a bad day or week, one of the best things I can do is to go shopping. When I find the perfect purchase I get all excited. If it's on sale I get even more excited. Even if I don't buy anything, just looking at stuff makes me feel a little better. This is one of my favorite times of year. Even when I don't need anything, I have a great excuse to shop for other people. Being an Aunt this Christmas has also made the Christmas shopping a little more fun. I thought I had planned what I was going to buy Eliza-Grace until I was shopping a couple of weeks ago and saw an awesome gift (and it was completely opposite of what I thought I was going to buy her). Okay no problem.....until I saw something else for her that I just couldn't resist. I won't tell you what I got her b/c her mother reads my blog from time to time, but I will have to post a couple pictures after Christmas because I love it!

Every year our church adopts a family for Christmas and we all sign up for things to purchase. This year the family we adopted is a single mother with 8 children. I signed up to buy clothes for the 11 year old little girl and the 12 year old little boy. Since I couldn't wait any longer, I hopped in the car today at lunch and ran to Old Navy. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Almost everything in the store was on sale and I almost never made up my mind what I was actually going to buy. All these choices, it's a good thing I signed up for specific things or I would have easily bought more stuff and spent way to much money. All that is left is to wrap them up and take them to church on Sunday.

Below are a few pics of the great stuff I picked up. I hope they love the clothes as much as I do.






I just love the sparkly jeans! I couldn't pass them up!



I love to wrap Christmas presents also. I am not the best wrapper in the world and I am horrible at making bows (so most of my gifts don't have bows on them), but I love to wrap. This works out great for Scott, but he hates to wrap.

Only 4 more working days until Christmas break! I love having a job that gets 2 weeks off at Christmas!

No comments: