Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

This is one of my favorite times of year.....no...it IS my favorite time of year. We are celebrating the birth of JESUS!

In the couple of weeks leading up to Thanksgiving I am always itching to get the Christmas decorations down. I usually don't put any decorations out or put the tree up until Thanksgiving afternoon. Since we went to Springdale for Thanksgiving this year, I put all of the stuff up the weekend before. The amount of decorations I have grows each year. Usually my dad is there to help put up the Christmas tree, but this year Scott and I did it all by ourselves (maybe that's why it's not exactly centered in the window).

Here is the tree. I have not yet perfected the art of putting mesh in my tree, but I think I did a little better this year than last. I am trying to find something else to go into the top of the tree to make it even bigger. Maybe something glittery.


Below is the mantle. I love it, but I feel like it needs a little something more.


I have more decorations than this, but I only took a couple last night. I have a Willow Tree Nativity set which I LOVE (thanks mom!), lots small decorative Christmas trees, and Scott even has a Razorback tree upstairs.

I also love this time of year because Lifetime and Hallmark Channels play cheezy Christmas movies all the time! I will watch almost any of them once and I have some that are my favorites that I record every year and watch at least 5 times.

I hope to do a little Christmas shopping this weekend so we will finally have gifts under the tree! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: