When we built our house in 2009, they guys we hired to paint the house wanted a huge amount of more money to paint the cabinets a different color than the trim. I decided it wasn't worth it and settled for white cabinets. I hated them to begin with, and I'm still not a huge fan. So I decided I was going to glaze them over Christmas break. I bought the stain last week and Scott thought I should try it out on the bathroom upstairs. I probably should have practiced a little first, but I think it turned out pretty good. Maybe a little darker than I was going for, but not too bad. Now I just have to decided if I REALLY want to do this in the kitchen. I mean it's one thing to do the upstairs bathroom that doesn't get used a whole lot, but completely different to do the kitchen. I am soo afraid it will not turn out like I want/hope/picture. I mean I'm not the more talented/crafty person and I have little patience.
The stain is a more brown than it looks in the pictures. Here is a sneak peak at the upstairs cabinets.
Cabinets before.....
Cabinets after......
Another after view....
No comments:
Post a Comment