Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Exciting News!!!

So I have a lot of catching up to do.  I haven't been blogging much lately, b/c I've had some pretty exciting/amazing stuff going on and didn't want to spill the beans to early.

After a 2 year 11 month battle with infertility.............I'm PREGNANT!!

I think I am still in a state of disbelief.  I am 11 weeks today and everyday I pray that God will keep this baby safe and healthy.

The last time I posted about my journey we had just had our follow-up appointment from my surgery.  Dr. C decided to have me start taking Letrozole on day 3 of my cycle since my FSH is high for someone my age.  He said he hoped we would be pregnant within the next 6 months.  I started the Letrozole on June 16th.  

Below are the posts I started on the 3 most important dates so far....the day we found out, the day of our 1st U/S, and the day of our 2nd U/S.


July 10, 2012
Today started started out like any other. Went to work, came home, decided on a whim to go out for pizza. Scott and I got to talking about when I would know whether my first month of Letrozole worked and I was pregnant. The thing is I should have started this morning, but I hadn't. I was putting off taking an HPT b/c I was terrified it was going to be negative. When we got home from dinner Scott talked me into taking it. I set it down and walked away. He kept going in to check it and eventually he picked it up and our conversation went something like....
Scott: "what do I do with it now? Put it back in the wrapper?"
Me: "Actually u should put the lid on it but why r u asking? Is it already done? What does it say?"
Scott: "I was gonna put it up. We don't need it anymore b/c it says ur pregnant."
 Me: "Are you serious????"
I'm pretty sure I did some jumping up and down and even a little dance.

So this is nothing like I pictured this moment would be.  I always thought I would surprise him with the results.  I guess the element of surprise kinda goes away after almost 3 years of trying to have a kid, being on a medicated cycle, and being put on a "schedule."  All in all, I really don't mind that this is the way it turned out.

I am beyond excited!  I have had a good feeling about this for the past month, and I have prayed every day that I wasn't just getting my hopes up.  God has a plan and He has PERFECT timing.  I am still nervous and I will be until I have an ultrasound and we confirm that everything looks OK.  Patients with a history of endometriosis are at a higher risk for etopic pregnancy.  Things seem different this time around.  I feel different than the last time I was pregnant.  I can't wait to meet this baby!!!!


July 25, 2012
Today is Scott's Birthday.  For the past 2 weeks I have been on pins and needles trying to believe that this pregnancy is really REAL.  Dr. C thought I should get an ultrasound just to make sure everything was OK and I'm sure he also thought this would calm my nerves.  So today, at 5weeks 6 days we drove to NE Arkansas to see Dr. C.  After making me wait for 45 minutes in which I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof, they finally called us back.  What followed may have been the best thing ever.  Immediately I saw the yolk sac and after a few seconds, we saw our baby.  After a little bit longer, Dr. C said "And there's the heartbeat....this is the 1st time you have gotten to see a heartbeat right?" and at that I lost it.  Last time, we never got to see a heartbeat.  Dr. C even took a little video of it with our iPhone.  What an awesome birthday present my husband got today.  I don't think we could have asked for anything better.



August 13, 2012
Today was our 1st appointment with my OB.  At times I thought this day would never come and at times I couldn't believe how quickly this day was approaching.  My appointment was at 10:15 and they were running only about 10 minutes late.  The nurse that called us back is the same nurse that has been with me every step of the way the past 3 years.  She was beyond excited that we were FINALLY pregnant.  Once Dr. P came it she also couldn't hide her excitement for us.  It is awesome to have doctors and nurses who remember you and your journey and are soo excited for you.  Dr. P decided she would try the U/S on my stomach 1st to save me from the wand.  She wasn't able to find anything and I told her I have a tilted uterus so she decided to let the U/S tech have a try.  She found the sac, but she still wasn't getting a good picture.  So after a quick break we tried with the wand and there is was.....a beautiful, perfect baby.  You could even see the arm and leg buds.  The heartbeat was a strong 179.  Everything was perfect!!!  We couldn't be more excited and this is finally sinking in that this is REAL!  We are having a baby!!  Baby Young's estimated arrival date in March 21, 2013.


It took until our doctor's appointment on the 13th to really feel comfortable enough that this was real to start telling anyone outside of immediate family.

It was 1077 days from the day I ditched the pill until the day I got to see our baby's heartbeat.  It was a VERY long wait, but worth every minute. 


In other news, I woke up this morning to the news that Giuliana & Bill had their baby boy last night!! They have been through soo much and I am over the moon excited for them!!

Happy Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Charlee said...

Oh gracious! I am so happy for you! You have deserved this and wanted this for so long and I knew it would happen, with all the faith and courage you have!! I am so glad you kept your head held high and continued to fight the battle with infertility! YOu have given others such a reason to keep trying and never give up! Congratulations!

Kim said...

CONGRATS!!!

Savannah said...

Congratulations!!! What a very special maricle you have been blessed with! Your post made me tear up ... So so happy for you!!

Jos said...

YAY!!!! Wonderful news!! I can't wait to see pics and read all about it1