Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Random Thoughts and Happenings

  • A lot of times, I feel like a lead a pretty boring life.  We get up, go to work, workout, cook dinner, watch a little TV, go to bed....repeat.  Very rarely to we do something out of the ordinary during the week.  The fact that it has been over 100 degrees here for the past week hasn't really helped either.

  • Last Wednesday was Scott's Birthday.  We decided to not celebrate Wednesday night b/c it was a "school night" so we waited and went out Friday night for a fabulous dinner at the Butcher Shop.  

  • Saturday we hosted the 1st annual Pool-A-Palooza.  We usually have a big lake trip (Lake-A-Palooza) and after it fell through this year, we decided we should just have a pool party instead.  The weather was perfect and hot.  We had lots of good food and fun times with great friends.

  • I have been obsessed with the Olympics.  I love watching swimming and gymnastics.  The first couple of days I actually waited until the events were replayed in primetime, but lately I've either been trying to stream the even live on my computer at work or checking the web periodically to see if my favorite athletes won a medal. 
  • Things are about to get crazy busy at work.  On one hand I'm super excited b/c it will make the days go by quickly, but on the other I hate being sooo busy it feels like you can't get much accomplished in a day.

Happy Thursday

No comments: