Saturday was the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Little Rock. Since I am training for a 1/2 marathon, I decided to run the race rather than walk it. I was supposed to run 6 miles on Saturday so the plan was to run the race then go come and run another 3 miles. I decided to do my long run on Thursday so I could just run the race on Saturday and relax. I paid an extra $5 to run in the competitive 5K which started at 7:30 (instead of 8am when the other 44,000+ started). They only let 1500 people sign up, so it wasn't that crowded in the corral or during the race. I ended up finishing in 28:05 and came in 232nd. I was no where near the front, but since I was in the first 300 to cross the finish line, I got a medal! All in all it was a great race for a GREAT cause!! Our church had a team and they said it took them close to 2 hours to walk the course. There were close to 45,000 who registered for the event. It is truly an experience!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment