I guess I am a glutton for punishment. Ever since Scott got one of these, deep down I have wanted one.
If you don't know what the picture above is, it is a magnet for your car showing that you ran a 1/2 marathon.
I never in a million years thought I would be even slightly interested in running a half marathon, but ever since Scott ran the half marathon in March, I wished I had ran it with him. We even talked about running one together at some point. For a while we had decided we were going to run the Soaring Wings Half Marathon in Conway at the end of October. About the time we needed to sign up Scott decided he didn't want to do another long distance run just yet. On one hand I was sad we wouldn't be running together, but on the other I was happy because I really wanted to do the St. Jude Half Marathon. My theory is "Go big or go home!" Last night I made the leap and registered for it. There is no turning back now. On December 3, I will be running in the St. Jude 1/2 in Memphis. I will probably start training sometime in August. I pray for sunny skies and temperatures above freezing. In my head, I have a time goal in mind, but I will be excited just to finish. And as a bonus I get to run the race with one of my best friends, Kristin.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment