Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life Planning

If you want to make God laugh, make plans.

God must laugh at me all the time.  I am a planner.  I have always been a planner.  I like having things done in a neat, orderly fashion and I hate waiting until the last minute.  I like to know well in advance how we are spending a holiday and know exactly what food I am responsible for.  

I recently had a minor freak out when my husband called me at work on a Monday and said "Hey, is it ok with you if we have a wedding shower at our house NEXT Friday?"  My response was something like "Do you realize invitations should have gone out about about 3 days ago?" 

I like to have things in life planned out as well.  When Scott and I got married, we planned to live in the house we bought in Jonesboro for at least 5 years.  One year after we moved in Scott was transferred to Conway with his job.  With a little help from God, our house sold in about 3 weeks.  Once in Conway, we decided to build a house.  Our plan was to live there 5-10 years.  About 2 months after we moved in, Scott lost his job and went back to school.  Shortly after I got a job in Little Rock.  After Scott finished school, he got a job in Little Rock.  The commuting was terrible, so 3 years after moving in, we sold and moved out of our house.  I love my job and I am very glad God has given me such a great job, but the road here wasn't what I had planned.

I have to learn that when it comes to some things in life, no amount of planning can change the outcome.  I have to learn to let go and let God.  He always has my best interests in mind, even if I don't see it that way.  I admit, sometimes I get VERY frustrated when things do not go as planned.  I pray that God will help me understand the curve balls he throws me in life. 


Also, since today's date is 3/16,  it is John 3:16 day.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Who doesn't want that kind of love?  I am so glad God loves us all that much!

No comments: