Pages

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

Friday, July 9, 2010

Favorite Bible Verses

It's Favorite Bible verses @ Kelly's Korner and what a great idea it is. I have had a great time reading everyone's favorite Bible verses and thought I would share a few of my own. I have a Contemporary English Version of the Bible called The Promise and I love it. It puts everything into plain English and makes it very easy to understand and read.

God will bless you when other hate you and won't have anything to do with you. God will bless you when people insult you and say cruel things about you, all because you are a follower of the Son of Man. Long ago you own people did these same things to the prophets. So when this happens to you, be happy and jump for joy! You will have a great reward in heaven. ~ Luke 6:22-23

This has been my favorite Bible verse for about 15 years. I am pretty sure it is responsible for getting me through high school.



It is better to trust the Lord for protection than to trust anyone else. ~ Psalms 118:8


This verse is the center verse in the Bible.



God makes everything happen at the right time. Yet none of us can ever fully understand all he has done, and he puts questions in our minds about the past and the future. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11


I found this verse recently and I love it. I am a very impatient person and verses is a friendly reminder that God has a right time for all things big or small. There is a note in my Bible about this verse which says "Ecclesiastes records the writer's search for wisdom. He tells us more about his troubled search than about the lessons he learned. He does share a lesson with us here. He has learned that God has a "right time" for everything. It's more than a good idea to the ready for God's timing. To be caught "off guard" by events can be great sorrow. Find your peace knowing your life is in God's hands and that his timing will be perfect for you."

No comments: